From September to June, the Toronto Bead Society usually meets on the second Wednesday of every month at Ryerson University, 380 Victoria Street (East of Yonge, Between College and Dundas). Please check our Meeting Schedule for actual dates.
If you like to learn, look and talk about beads, we invite you to join our society.
Dec 14, 2016 - Techniques Project Night
Join us for a night of members teaching members. Follow the link below for more info.
This is our Holiday meeting, and we continue the tradition of bringing holiday treats for all to share. Please clearly mark any treats that contain nuts.
The TBS Bag of Beads Challenge is back!
What's in the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge?
We will find out at the December meeting when the Bags are handed out. All we can tell you is that we will include (but not be limited to) small beads, larger beads maybe some crystals, perhaps some semi-precious stones, and most importantly a "stumper". What's a stumper? It is an oh-so-frustrating item that has no hole, is definitely not a bead, and makes you think in new and creative ways about your beading.
How does the Bag of Beads Challenge work?
- Sign up at the October or November TBS meetings. The cost is $10 per bag. You can always pay when you pick up your bag in December, but there are only 100 bags available!
- Step 2.
- Come to the December meeting to pick up your bag.
- Step 3.
- Create your design during December and January (see rules below). It does not have to be a piece of jewellery, it can be anything!
- Step 4.
- Bring your work to the February TBS meeting, finished or not, to share with everyone. No speeches necessary! Just prepare a little card outlining your inspiration, the techniques used and what you learned from the experience! Then marvel at the incredible variety of interpretations of the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge by members.
There are only three rules:
- You must use at least ONE of everything in the bag (including the stumper).
- You can add anything you like: beads, wire, shells, kitchen sink, or any other thing you want to add.
- Bring your work to the meeting in February, finished or not, to share with everyone
If you are a beginner and a bit intimidated by the challenge, remember one thing, EVERYONE who has participated in this challenge was a BEGINNER at one time. This is a fun opportunity to challenge yourself, and just maybe surprise yourself!
Remember, there are only 100 bags available!
Take a look at what members did in previous years: Bead Challenge Galleries.
Chihuly at the ROM Promotion for TBS Members
Chihuly at the Royal Ontario Museum
June 25, 2016 to January 8, 2017 ← Extended
TBS Members can enjoy 20% off regular admission rates
Experience groundbreaking explorations in colour, light, and form by Dale Chihuly—a pioneer of the studio glass movement and considered to be one of the world’s foremost artists working in glass today.
The ROM has graciously created a special online promotion for TBS Members only to purchase ROM admission for 20% off regular rates during the Chihuly Exhibition dates.
TBS Members can request the “TBS members only online promotional code” here. Please include your membership number in the request.
Buy your tickets online at www.rom.on.ca
If you are not yet a TBS member but would like to become one to take advantage of this offer:
Photos Photos Photos
A big Thank you goes out to all our past, present and future photographers!
Thank you to all the people who brought in their work. See your photos below!
View the full TBS Photo Gallery.
|Tue Dec 06 @10:00AM until Jan 8, 2017|
Chihuly Exhibition at the ROM
|Wed Dec 14 @ 7:00PM |
TBS Meeting: Techniques Project Night
|Wed Jan 11 @ 7:00PM |
TBS Meeting: Rocks & Precious Stones: Collections with Cathy Jones