Bead Magazine Submission Guidelines
Compiled September 2009
Bead and Button
We accept proposals for beaded projects and proposals for articles about artists. Please read the pdfs below to find what we're looking for and how you should submit your contribution.
Bead Unique MagazineWhen submitting ideas or concepts:
- Include thoughts or inspiration for idea(s).
- Engage the reader. What could be said about the technique or project to excite and inspire?
- Know the market and trends. Bead Unique projects are just that…UNIQUE!
- Your name, address, phone number, and e-mail.
- Clear photo or detailed sketch. Digital submissions (300 dpi JPEG) may be sent to the editor.
- Brief description of the project, materials, colors, and techniques used.
- Indicate if there are alternative finishing methods.
- Color or fabric swatches, if applicable.
- Beginner to advanced skill levels.
- Originality of design and use of materials.
- Techniques used to complete the project.
- Indicate if project would need photography to illustrate step-by-step instructions or pattern.
Bead Unique™ prefers original designs, but will discuss alternative arrangements on a case-by-case basis. Instructions must be sent on disk with hard copy or via e-mail.
From Beading Daily e-newsletter
Step by Step Beads
Bead Magazine (UK)
Art Jewelry Magazine