Dec 14, 2022 - AGM plus Beading Activity
We continue to meet virtually via Zoom. TBS members will be sent the link via email the week of the presentation.
2022 Annual General Meeting
- Call to order
- Vote to approve 2021 AGM Minutes
- Steering Committee report
- Treasurer’s report
- Nominations & vote for Steering Committee
- Closing remarks
- Vote to adjourn
This year we have two projects:
How to make your own Bead Board (Demonstration)
Instructor: Cathy Jones
Instructor: Pam Kearns
Supplies: Small amounts of seed beads in 2 or more colours of the same size. You can use 8/0, 10/0, 11/0 or even 6/0 for very large or 15/0 for very small snowflakes. Beading needle and thread.
The TBS Bag of Beads Challenge
It's time for the Bag of Beads Challenge so please order your Bag of Beads by November 14th. Read on to find out more.
What's in the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge?
You will find out when you receive your bag in the mail in December. All we can tell you is that we will include (but not be limited to) small beads, larger beads maybe some crystals, perhaps some semi-precious stones, and most importantly a "stumper". What's a stumper? It is an oh-so-frustrating item that has no hole, is definitely not a bead, and makes you think in new and creative ways about your beading.
How does the Bag of Beads Challenge work?
- Step 2.
- Wait patiently until December to receive your bag.
- Step 3.
- Create your design during December and January (see rules below). It does not have to be a piece of jewellery, it can be anything!
- Step 4.
- Show your work at the February TBS meeting, finished or not. You can tell us your inspiration, the techniques used and what you learned from the experience! Then marvel at the incredible variety of interpretations of the TBS Bag of Beads Challenge by members.
There are only three rules:
- You must use at least ONE of everything in the bag (including the stumper).
- You can add anything you like: beads, wire, shells, kitchen sink, or any other thing you want to add.
- Bring your work to the meeting in February, finished or not, to share with everyone
If you are a beginner and a bit intimidated by the challenge, remember one thing, EVERYONE who has participated in this challenge was a BEGINNER at one time. This is a fun opportunity to challenge yourself, and just maybe surprise yourself!
Remember, there are only a limited number of bags available!
Take a look at what members did in previous years: Bead Challenge Galleries.
Photos Photos Photos
A big Thank you goes out to all our past, present and future photographers!
Thank you to all the people who brought in their work. See your photos below!
View the full TBS Photo Gallery.
|Wed Dec 14 @ 7:00PM |
AGM plus Beading Activity